So, this week I’ve been nominated by two very lovely ladies, so I thought I better get a move on this. Sharon (from Teaching With Sight) and Lauren (from Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep) both nominated me, so I’ll answer BOTH their questions. A very big thank you to both of them!
1. Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers.
3. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator. (Because Paula was first I’ll answer hers.)
4. Share 11 random facts about myself.
5. Create 11 questions for my nominees.
6. Contact my nominees and let them know I nominated them.
Here are my nominations:
Chantelle (Little Learners)
Mrs Ward (Mrs Ward’s Land of the Little Learners)
Casey (Lifelong Learners in Prep)
Here are my answers to Sharon’s questions:
1. What is your favorite room in your house, and why?
My bedroom. Cliche – but it’s my space and I love it! Plus, it’s where I sleep (when I sleep), so that’s a bonus!
2. Where would you travel if money was no object?
All over the U.S. I love it over there and I’d love the opportunity to travel around more of it. Also, Canada is on the books in the future, too.
3. If you could rename yourself, what name would you pick?
What an interesting question. I actually don’t really know. I do know that my name was originally supposed to be Emma (as in Jane Austen’s Emma), but my dad didn’t like the name.
4. What is your favorite fairytale, and which character in it do you like the best?
If we’re thinking story fairytales, Cinderella (in which case I love the Fairy Godmother). If we’re thinking movie adaptations of fairytales, Tangled – and Rapunzel is my favourite because she’s tough and fought hard for what she wanted.
5. When teaching, do you prefer using manipulatives, music, games, or books?
So hard to pick, because I think they all have their own place in teaching, but if I had to narrow it down it would probably be books (because I’m obsessed with them) and I think they lend themselves to ALL sorts of purposes. But I do enjoy all of the above.
6. If money was no object and you were building a school, what would you put into the building?
Classrooms, technology, art room, library, and resources for all the students.
7. Which famous actor would you pick to have lunch with, if you could?
Stephen Fry. I think he’s awesome and would be so interesting to chat with.
8. If you could be the lead in a musical, play, or TV show, what would you pick, and why?
Stargate SG-1. That was my FAVOURITE television show growing up, and I wanted to be Sam Carter because she was smart, awesome and kick-ass. Plus, she got to visit other planets.
9. Do you prefer wearing jeans, dress pants, or skirts?
I love to wear skirts, but on a day-to-day basis, jeans are more practical at work.
10. What flower best represents you?
Anything colourful. I’m going to go with gerberas.
11. If your life was made into a movie, would it be categorized as a comedy, romance, drama, or action movie?
Sadly, it would be a drama. And I probably wouldn’t watch it! (There’s not much to my life, really!)
Questions from Lauren:
1. Why did you decide to become a teacher?
I’ve wanted to be a teacher (on and off) since I was in primary school. When I first went to university I was doing a degree in Media and it just wasn’t for me. I went into teaching because it’s something I’ve always thought about, and I enjoy working with kids. Once I got into my course, I found it fascinating, and I love it more every day I spend in the classroom with my kiddos.
2. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I love the connections I make with people all over the world. Blogging connects people in ways that never used to be possible, as well as allowing for an audience for me and others.
3. What is your favourite food?
My favourite food is pizza. Magherita or Hawaiian (depending on where I get it from).
4. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Right here, in Melbourne. I could live in lots of places, but Melbourne’s always been my home, and I love it.
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
Who isn’t? For as long as I can remember, it’s been James Marsden, but it does tend to change depending on what I’m watching.
6. Pepsi or Coke?
7. How do you relax after a tough day at school?
I read lots of blogs, catch on my FB news, pop a DVD in and relax. Or I’ll read, but I like to focus on reading, and sometimes I’m too tired to read. (Not my favourite confession.)
8. Can you do a handstand?
No. I’d fall on my head, for sure.
9. What would your perfect day at school involve?
Lots of reading, singing and fun.
10. Which website do you have to check daily?
Feedly. Facebook. And now a message board for an online game I’m involved in.
11. What is your middle name?
11 Random Facts About Me:
1. I have a younger sister, Jessica.
2. I attended 2 primary schools, 2 high schools and 2 universities.
3. I lasted 6 months in my first degree before I quit (not deferred, quit).
4. I worked at KFC for six years.
5. I used to write (and occasionally still dabble in) fanfiction.
6. I love lemons. Anything to do with lemons is good!
7. I’m a picky eater. If I don’t like something I won’t eat anything else that’s touched the food I don’t like. (Yes, this even drives me crazy.)
8. I don’t drive. It freaks me out.
9. I met Amanda Tapping when I was fifteen. She is such a lovely person, and my favourite actress.
10. My DVD collection is massive. I collect all sorts of movies and TV shows.
11. I have a reasonably large collection of Star Wars novels and books. And I’ve read almost all of them. ❤ Star Wars.
Questions for my nominees:
1. What is your favourite part of your day?
2. What is your favourite drink?
3. What is your favourite way to relax?
4. What is your morning song (the one that gets you going)?
5. If you could have a conversation with anyone (alive or dead) who would it be and why?
6. Do you like gardening?
7. Have you ever met anyone famous?
8. If you were going to watch a movie marathon, what movies would you want to see?
9. If you could have anything for your classroom/students, what would it be?
10. Do you use an electronic or handwritten planner?
11. Have you ever lived overseas?
Thanks so much for the nominations, ladies!