I’m trying to get better at consistency with posting on the blog.
I’m ALSO trying to get better at doing non-teaching things each day. I, like many teachers (I assume?!) have a bad habit of focusing to exclusion on work tasks and occasionally forgetting about other things.
So, to that end, I thought I would use Sundays (when I get the chance to post) to share about lifestyle-y kind of things.
Be it make-up, or books, or music or TV shows or fun outings with friends. I think that will remind me to reflect on the NON-teaching related parts of my life, too.
Today I’m going to share a few of the recent subscription boxes I’ve received for June. If you missed it, I posted about some of my subscription boxes here and here (and I also – *gasp* – made a youtube video, too).
First up: Fortune Cookie Soap Box!
THIS was the subscription box that started my obsession with subscription boxes, and yet, this is the first one I’ve ever received. Fortune Cookie Soap is a bath and body store that makes fortune cookie soaps (the namesake) amongst other things. Their subscription box is quarterly, so you get four boxes a year. It costs (for Australians) $34.00 every three months.
And it comes stocked with REALLY FUN things:
- “Lick Your Lips” Fortune Cookie Soap (scent: peppermint ice-cream with flecks of dark chocolate)
- “Lollipop Your Cherry” OCD Hand Sanitiser (scent: cherry)
- “Rock Your Socks Off” Solid Sugar Scrub (scent: grape candy)
- “Captain’s Berried Booty” Whipped Cream (scent: Captain Crunch Berry, I think)
- “Sweet Dreamsicle” Wax Tart (scent: pineapple, orange, vanilla)
- “Lemon Drop It Like It’s Hot” Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub (scent: lemon)
- “The Sweet Spot” Sparkle Me (scent: melon, strawberries, peaches, mandarin, pineapple, sugar)
- “Blow Me” Lip Scrub (scent: bubblegum)
Obviously, the theme is CANDY AISLE and a lot of the stuff smells really sweet. All of it smells good, but some is a tiny bit too strong for me. I love, love, love the fortune cookie soap, the sugar scrub, hand sanitiser, wax tart and facial scrub. Can’t wait to try a lot of them!
If you’re interested in their subscription box, or any of their products (I just did an order today!), click on this link (or any of the ones above, or the image) to visit their site. If it’s your first visit, you’ll get a $5 off voucher, too!
Next up is BellaBox which is one of the 2 Australian subscription boxes I subscribe to. BellaBox is a monthly beauty box that is $15 per month. It mostly contains sample size products, with usually one or two full size products included.
This month I got:
- Herbal Essences Naked Shine Shampoo & Conditioner (sample sizes) – I like having these sizes because they’re useful for travelling! They smell pretty good, too!
- Plants for People “Aloe, Grapefruit Foaming Gel Cleanser” (full size) – This retails for $24.95, which is way over the price of the box, and I’m in need of a new cleanser!
- La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo-Luxe (sample) – Apparently this unclogs/unblocks pores. Yes please!
- Innoxa Lip Liner (full size) – I got the colour Ruby Red. I like red lipstick, so a liner is a must!
- V05 Give Me Moisture Hot Oil (sample) – I’m useless when it comes to hair, so I’ll need to google how to use this! Lol!
- Nutrimetics Nutri-Rich Nourishing Masque (sample) – One can never have too many face masks! I need to start using mine!
- InStyle Magazine – I totally forgot to take a photo of it, but this month we got an InStyle magazine. That was a bit different! Holiday reading for me in one week’s time!
Last up, my VioletBox arrived last week. This is VioletBox’s 1st Birthday box, that didn’t come in a box. It came in a beautiful little make-up case that has 2 sections and is just fabulous. I have a lot of make-up bags, but this one is now my favourite. Plus, I love the cute pattern on it, too!
- ghd Straight and Tame Cream (full size)
- Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner (sample)
- Chella Brow Pencil (full size)
- Strange Beautiful Nail Polish (Not sure if this is full size or sample – it’s a bit smaller than a normal nail polish bottle – which is awesome because how often do you FINISH an entire nail polish bottle? Or maybe that’s just me?)
- Appelles Blackseed Shampoo and Tamnu Conditioner (samples) – OMG, these smell AMAZING. I just finished my shampoo and conditioner and am so excited to try these out tomorrow!)
- Caddy’s Cosmetic Pouch (full size)
Hope this was fun for you guys!
Also, do you think I should do the unboxing videos? Or not? Or should I stop posting about subscription boxes altogether? Would love some feedback if you’ve got some time!
Have a happy Sunday and I’ll see you throughout the week with link-ups to The Teaching Tribune!